Individuals under 18 years old are required by law to take Driver's Ed to obtain a Maine driver's license.
Our drivers education class teaches the techniques of driving a vehicle, along with basic vehicle maintenance, safety precautions, and traffic regulations and laws of the state of Maine.
Upon satisfactory completion of course, we will issue temporary permit good for 60 days. At some point during those 60 day's you must go to Motor Vehicle Division for the actual permit. The Permit fee is $35.00.
You must be at least 15 years of age and have successfully completed an approved driver education course, complete a written knowledge examination and a vision screening to get a permit. This permit allows the individual to operate a vehicle when accompanied by a licensed driver who is at least 20 years of age and has held a valid license for two consecutive years.
WHY CHOOSE ROY'S?
- We have been in business for over 60 years!
- We are the only school in our areas that have an owner that is state certified to train people to become driver education instructors.
- We are the only school in the entire state that has an owner that is nationally certified to train individuals to become motorcycle instructors.
- We have over 150 years of combined experience between all of our instructors.
- We have office hours at our Lewiston location so that you can call or drop by at any time to get immediate answers to any of your questions.
- We accept personal checks and don't require bank checks or money orders for your convenience.
- We don't charge you a fee for using credit cards for your convenience.
- We have all the latest equipment and most current textbooks, while using projectors and PowerPoint presentations.